Who is PinnacleHealth’s new partner?
PinnacleHealth announced plans Tuesday to merge with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
PinnacleHealth operates three hospitals in the midstate and a myriad of specialty and general care offices throughout the region. UPMC operates more than 20 hospitals in Pennsylvania.
The following is key information about UPMC as listed on its website:
- UPMC operates more than 25 academic, community and specialty hospitals, 600 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites.
- UPMC is the largest non-governmental employer in Pennsylvania, with 65,000 employees.
- UPMC employs 3,600 physicians and offers an array of rehabilitation, retirement, and long-term care facilities.
- It is ranked No. 12 in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals – with 15 adult specialties ranked.
- UPMC is the first nonprofit health system to fully adopt Sarbanes-Oxley, also known as the “Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act” (in the Senate) and “Corporate and Auditing Accountability and Responsibility Act” (in the House).
- The Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC was the nation’s first pediatric hospital to achieve HIMSS Stage 7, the highest level of electronic health record implementation. Overall, more than a dozen of UPMC’s hospitals are at the highest levels of EHR adoption, as are its outpatient locations.
- UPMC’s Insurance Services Division boasts more than 3 million members.
- UPMC’s work spans four continents, with active projects in countries such as China, Japan, Russia, Kazakhstan, India, Singapore, Myanmar, Colombia, Italy, Germany, and Lithuania.